Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Roxie went for her dentist appointment at 7AM this morning.   She was doubly unhappy.   She didn't get breakfast and to top it off, I put her in the carrier and took her back to Kettle Moraine.

They told me that the dental work was done between 8AM and noon and I should wait for a call.   I helped them put her into her cage in the Cattery.   There was only one other cat in there, a black cat, I think there for spaying.  It made me remember when I took Waylon in for his neutering.   I dropped him off the night before because I was working and picked him up after work the next day.   When I got there to pick him up, the lady behind the desk said, and I quote.  "Oh, you're here after that orange cat."   She had arrived that morning early to check the animals in the cages and found Waylon had opened the cage and was having a ball.    Then after his surgery to neuter and remove his claws,  he was batting at everybody who walked by through the door of his cage..

Anyway, about our Roxie.  I got a call at about 9:30AM from Dr. Pat telling me that there was not a decayed tooth after all.   Good news.  They did not have to extract a tooth.  She removed the little flap that was the symptom of the trouble so that there would be no accumulation of food or whatever that might cause decay, cleaned her teeth and I was able to pick her up at 11:30AM.

She sure was glad to get home and was very hungry, so I fed her a reduced brunch to hold her until her dinner time.

I have almost finished the wall hanging  of St. Bridget.    I just have to edge it and put a couple of finishing touches on it.    Tomorrow is shopping day and then I will start to gather things to bring along with me to Galena.  I want to be able to spend Thursday making sure that Dick will be OK while I am gone.   Bobbie will be here during the day, but there are the evenings and the mornings.   Things should be ready for him and his dressings need to be fresh.

Boy was it ever raining when I took Roxie to the Vet.    I helped Alison put Dick's trash out at about 10   We waited until then hoping that the rain would have let up and Indeed it had.   We had so much trash out there and some stuff we were not sure of.  I told Alison - Lets just get it out there and hope.   They did not come until this evening but they took every bit except for a waste basket which they probably thought they were supposed to leave.  Whew.  That is a big relief, otherwise we would have had to figure out what to do with it.

So. Until tomorrow.

God love you

Mary

No comments: