Friday, February 18, 2011

Wow.   This was a busy busy day.  
\
Dick is exhausted and I am close behind.    I overslept a bit.  Not much but Jody came to clean at 8AM and I was JUST barely showered and fed before she came. 

Jody is delighted that she will be cleaning for Mother next week again.  She loves Mother and takes good care of her.

Then at 11:00AM, Megan and a trainee came to check Dick's anti coagulation count and change the dressings on his leg.  The wounds are healing so well and his count is just where it should be.  SO if, in two weeks, his count is still within range, they will be able to sign him off.   By then the next check will be into April so the awful weather will be past and it will be easier to transport him.

Then almost as soon as they left, I drove to the Dairy Queen.    Only Marlene, Barbara and I were there but it was worth the trip as we had not seen each other for several weeks.   Barbara is as adament about the "wisdom" of our new Governor as Bart is .  You do see the tongue in cheek?   They see their side and I am a middle person.   I know people on both sides.     Barbara is distressed because her daughter is a teacher and this is driving them apart to the point that they are having difficulty speaking.  How sad.   Bart called me last night and told me that we should hurry up and move to Oklahoma because of all these fiscal and political problems that Wisconsin is experiencing.

So, home again, at 1:30PM in time to meet Mike Trefz from Access Ability with Mary Merser from the VNA to discuss the availability and let Dick try a motorized chair.  It worked so well.   We have to have an interview with Dr. Sharon and have him fill out some papers for Medicare and get the process in the works.   It looks very promising.   As I really think that his ability to walk is really questionable because of the continuing wounds that keep appearing on his legs, this will afford him a great deal of freedom around and about the house.  Bobbie and Bill stopped by just before Mary and Mike came so we had two more ears to hear the presentation.   Bobbie brought us a dozen of her special valentine cookies too.   Eat your hearts out Jim and Michell and Leslie and Bill.   They are SO good.

Then at about 5PM, Nancy picked me up to go to shoot pistol.   We are both a bit behind,  but will catch up before the bust up.   We both are not doing too well what with lack of shooting and I also have my sore neck and arm to contend with.   I realized when I got to the club that I was supposed to be working.   I managed to get out of it but will be working on Sunday from noon to 2PM.

I wish you could understand how much the Ireland trip meant to me.   I always come away feeling closer to myself and to the past inside me.   The people and the places are full of history and spirit.   These holy wells, the Bridget wells are wonderful and such a bridge from the pre Christian to the Christian part of our heritage.


Last Monday I shared water from the Wells with my bible study and this week will share the flame of Solas Bride, hoping to spread the message of peace and justice throughout this world of ours that is in such need of these gifts.

God love you

Mary

No comments: