Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day again.

I left early for Bible Study to stop at Walmart.  My friend Kate told me that they had Irish shirts not far from the Green Bay Packer stuff.    The Irish T Shirts were only $5.   I got Dick and me matching shirts that call us Hooligans.  and another shirt for myself that is rather pretty.  I also found a Packer tshirt for myself.   They did not have any in Dick's size so I got a commemorative mug.   It just seemed right.

Then on to Bible Study.   I shared a Bridget prayer and water from the holy wells with my fellow bible study people.   Next week, I will share the flame.   I forgot my candle today.  So this gives a chance to share twice with the bible study group.   This week the water and next week the sharing of the flame of peace and justice.

After a good discussion at bible study, I drove into Sheboygan to see Mother.   She is doing very well and looking forward to going home.  We are still a bit fuzzy on the date.  My understanding is that it will be next weekend, but we need confirmation from SOMEBODY.   I just have to take care of reinstating Charter, The housekeeper, her colostomy bags and being sure that her meds are in order.  Dolores and Ken came to Meadow View while I was there, just after Mike Gustafson came in with candy and a card for Mother and the PT nurse came to collect her.   I did not stay long as we had discussed her bills and she needs her PT as much as possible before going home.  Dolores is going to reinstate the Companion Care.   Donna called this afternoon to see what was going on.  I shared what little I know and she will reinstate the lifeline.   So grateful for all of us.  I had a friend who was an only child and was, of course, the only one to help her mother and she lived in Milwaukee.   She commented at one time how lucky we were to have all of us.   And I agreed with her.   Then she commented that as she never married or had children that she wondered who would care for her in her old age.   We have all.   Between the love we have for each other and the love of all of our children we are a wealthy family indeed.

Here is a little poem I wrote as we were flying over the ocean to Ireland:

 It is a  Haiku



Darkess surrounds us.
We fly over the ocean
Hels up by angels.

Love you

and God does too

Mary

No comments: