Thursday, February 17, 2011

A lovely day.   Some sun, some clouds, some fog.   But temperatures were up into the mid to high 50s and we definitely felt like spring.   We know, of course that this is just one of those little teasers that are thrown to us at this time of year and that as the old saying goes.   Don't plant until after Memorial Day because there is still a chance of frost or even snow.  But it does not make the warmth any less welcome.

I worked very hard today labeling all fo the pictures from the Ireland trip and making a nice pot of soup and some lasagna.  

This evening I went to Antonio's in downtown Plymouth for a retirement party or my friend Kaye Beck.   She is a mortgage banker that I worked with for over 10 years and she, with 10 more years is now retiring too.   I saw so many old friends.  Gene Hickey and his wife Chris,  Gary Kramer and his wife Suzie, Kaye's daughter Shelley and her husband Larry and many more.   Even my old bosses Jane Gretzinger and Steve were there and I love them because they say I have not changed a bit.   Perhaps that is because I was wearing a jacket that they saw me working in before.Tee!   Hee!

Fritz and Kaye are leaving on their first trip on March 6 and well be gone for over a month.   Kaye's mother was there too and she looks lovely.   Such a nice party.   I am so glad that I was invited and could go. I pray that their days ahead will be as blessed as Dick and I have had.

So.  Only two more days til Mother comes home.  I imagine that she is chomping at the bit.   We think we have every thing ready for her safety and well being.  

Pray for her and us too.

God love you

Mary

.

No comments: