Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What a busy Wednesday.    Shopping this morning.   That got very exciting as I got out of the store and checked my receipt as it seemed a bit high and found an item for $40.   I knew that was wrong so went back.   We figured out what we thought it was and I got a credit, then when I got home, I found that an item that I was NOT charged for.   So next week I will be giving them $5.24.  Then we will be even.

Home again, I spent the day paying Mom's bills, clearing off the desk (again), and labeling my pictures.   I downloaded everything to a disk today and it worked.   Now I want to download some to the viewer tomorrow.   I can only do about 60 of them which will be more than enough.

Another story about Ireland.   I have the email of a place that does custom knits in Dublin. (www.irishclothing.ie.)   They apparently have done some really great things with knit patterns.   Anyway, when I heard about them, I was wearing a pair of the sox that Bobbie made for me.   So I showed everybody the sox and they were all jealous AND amazed.   So I called them my Bobbie Sox and bragged a LOT.

Tonight I picked up Sy Regan and went to Karl Elder's (a professor at Lakeland College) Poetry Circle at Mead Library.    There were about a dozen of us there tonight.   Sy had called me last year and asked if I was considering going to them as he cannot drive anymore because of his vision problems.   It is good for me to get the incentive to write from really good local poets and Karl so I was glad to be able to drive Sy there.    Sy is a friend from forever.   I only met him about 25 years ago, but he asked my Grandpa Deeley to be his confirmation sponsor many many years ago and my Dad was his boy scout leader.    As Sy was and probably still is active in scouting, that was quite a strong influence.   I am proud of Dad.


Home again,  I am winding down.   Tomorrow I will be home until almost 5PM when I am going to a retirement party at Antonios for Kaye Beck.   Kaye and I worked at Wells Fargo for years together.   She is a dear.   I will tell her that she and Fritz should travel and do everything that they can dream that they can afford NOW.  Not push it but not put things off because one never knows what will happen and what might make mobility a problem.  Dick and I have such memories because we did what we wanted for those years before he got sick.   Don't wait for the "right time"   just explore and enjoy.

All my love  and God love you

Mary

No comments: