Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cold Cold Cold.   I suppose you are tired of seeing that at the beginning of the blog.   But it was -3 when I looked this morning.   I was able to stay in bed until ALMOST 8AM.  Then I had to kind of hurry as I had to be at John the Baptist for Mass at 9:30AM.

Mass was pleasant.   The choir all were dressed in green and gold (except for one Pittsburgh Steeler fan dressed in their colors, whatever they are.)  I was dressed in my Reggie White Jersey.  Then there was a shortage of Eucharistic Ministers so I had to go up to offer the wine to the celebrants in all my Green Bay glory.   It was fun.   The choir really sounded good tonight.  Perhaps it was all that green and gold.

When I got home, I made a potato salad for our lunch.   We had a couple of brats for a sandwich and some home make applesauce.   Quite nice.  After lunch, I changed the tube-a-grip and bandages on Dick;s  legs and then took a nap before the Packer game

 A very exciting game led to a Green Bay Win!!!   We are in the Super Bowl and I got my points.    Then the Steeler/Jets game followed and lo and behold, The Steelers won too.   So I have maintained my place in number one in the football league.

The only thing that I have to do now is pick the winner of the Super Bowl.    I believe that no matter WHAT I do, I will be in the top six and get some part of the winnings , but if I pick right, I am in all the way.  



Tomorrow I will go to Bible Study and then on to see Mother.   I will not see her again before I get back to Ireland, so I decided to have lunch with her.    I will tell the front desk when I get there.

So  After talking to my friend Bob and to Bart and Barb this evening, I am now ready to hit the bed.   Hope you had as nice a day as I have. had

God love you

Mary

No comments: