Tuesday, December 07, 2010

What a day.   I spent the morning getting lunch ready for Dick and me.   Then I realized that I was going to the Kettle Country Quilt Club's afternoon brunch and Christmas party.   So we have enough chicken, rice and Brussels Sprouts for at least TWO more meals.

I brought some of my breads and spreads for the brunch.   We sure ate good.  Salads, and breads and cookies and mini sandwiches.   Then we exchanged presents.   I got some Mary Kay which was OK but I would rather have had a handmade gift.    Our member, Lucy made everybody a mini Stocking which is just adorable.   She also gave us the pattern so next year everybody might just get one.  It is a good way to use up Christmas scraps of fabric.


We disbanded at about 3PM so I got home in time to rest a bit before the Tupperware Party that I hosted for Becky.   At the last minute, Kate called and opted out.   She is sick again.   I was a bit crabby and must call tomorrow to apologize for my crabbiness.   Things have just been a bit too much lately.

As it turned out four of my friends did come and we had a really good time.    Hosting a party IS quite profitable, just with the gifts that the dealer gives the hostess.   I am really excited about all of them.  Becky did a really good job presenting her wares and she made us some good easy candies using the Tupperware and the microwave.

So now I am kind of wired but know that I need to go to bed.   Tomorrow is a moderately busy day, at least in the morning.  It is a holy day so I will be going to Mass at 10AM.  Then the afternoon and all of Thursday will be mine.

So. Sleep tight and be safe.   Pray for my friend Rosemary who is very close to joining Our Lord.  

God Love You

Mary

No comments: