Monday, December 06, 2010

A busy morning.  Bible study was fun.   We are getting in to the Psalm Study.  The first section is about Psalms (songs) of descriptive praise.  We decided that we should tell all the world leaders to read and put into practice Psalm 33 verses 16 through 19.

A king is not saved by a mighty army,
    nor a warrior delivered by great strength.
 Useless is the horse for safety:
    its great strength, no sure escape.
But the Lord's eyes are upon the reverent,
    upon those who hope for his gracious help,
Delivering them from death,
    keeping them alive in times of famine.

I went from there to Mother's.   She is fine but seemed a bit unsteady. We had a great visit.   Got a couple of bills paid and some things put away for her.   Her house is becoming very Christmasy and that makes her very happy.  I want to bake some Lizzies and a Christmas Stollen for her.   She is not baking, thank heavens but does like her goodies.

Pat and Joan are coming to visit her on Wednesday.   She will enjoy that.   Pat hurt himself earlier this summer but is about healed from what I know.

Tonight was the Rhine Plymouth monthly meeting.   It went quite well.   We had our elections.   I am on the board for one more year.   We reelected Doc as VP and Jim as Treasurer and three board members.  
I need to remember to take some canned goods to the club on Saturday for the Sheboygan County  Conservation Club's annual food drive.  They are having their meeting at our clubhouse on the 15th.



Tomorrow I will go to my first Christmas Party.  The Kettle Country Quilters meeting.  I still don't know what I am bringing for a treat but I have my gift, the fat quarters for the Bingo game and the gifts that we donate to Rocky Knoll.

The evening will be the Tupperware party.  I hope there is enough to make Becky's job easy.   I have my treats for that all planned and the den all ready for the event.

So I love you all.

God loves you too.

Mary

No comments: