Friday, December 10, 2010

This was a nice day.

I g0t up at about 6:30AM so I would be alert when Jody came to clean.   I held my breath until I looked outside.  It snowed, you know.  Thank heavens, our plowing team here in the condos was ready and we were all plowed out.   Good thing because this year I am unable to do the fine tuning even.   Much less any major shoveling.

So, Jody came as usual at 8am and did out cleaning.   She also helped me clean above the cupboards in the kitchen and put all the Santas up there.  She is such a help.

Last night I mixed up a batch of nNo Knead Bread.  This morning it was ready to bake and it turned out so good.   A nice country bread.   Easy and good.

Then I mixed up the dough for the pasties that Kate and I are going to assemble on Sunday.
At about 12PM I left to do my errands and have lunch.  First I went to the bank, then to Pick and Save to pick up some veggies for the pasties and cherries for the Lizzies that I want to make before Monday.

I met the bank people at 12:30PM at Dairy Queen.  We had a fun visit and Barb ordered some Tupperware.   After lunch, I went to the post office and miracle of miracles, I have all the packages sent for Christmas.  On the way home, I stopped at Kate's and she ordered Tupperware and we made arrangements to finish the pasties on Sunday at 1PM.  She and Patty were doing Christmas Cards.   I have that to do yet.   This weekend, I will get the chore at least laid out so I know that I have to do.

A tirp to the drug store, finished my errands and I have almost everything I need for the Christmas Stockings.   It is just Dick and me this year but it is important that we keep up traditions.

So now we are into the weekend.   Tomorrow, I will be going to the funeral of my friend Rosemary Eigenberger.   She was a lovely woman, a poet and a mother of 13 wonderful children.   I became close to her in her poet role and am honored to have been able to do so.
 Pray for her and her family tomorrow.   Saying goodbye is so hard.

Love and God love you

Mary

No comments: