Sunday, October 24, 2010

I suppose you missed me last night. I was just plain exhausted and went to bed early. Friday night at Rhine just took the zip out of me.

Yesterday, I picked up SHARE at 9AM. Then I went to see Mother for a few minutes as I had some business to help her with. I had intended to stop on my way home from Bobbie and my day at the Wine event at Kohler. So I had to go anyway.

Imagine my surprise. I got to Mother"s. two of my cousins were there with their husbands. These were two of my Mom's brother George's daughters, Marcia and Ann and their husbands Mark and Jack. We had the nicest visit. Marcia is still in Two Rivers and Ann lives in Colorado.

Uncle George was one of Merrill's Marauders in WWII. That was a group of 800 soldiers that fought in Burma without resupplying or support. Of the 800 men sent behind the lines, only 100 survived. He is a true hero. He said that the movie did not convey the difficulty and horror of that march.

They were delighted with Mom's books and her wall decorations. I found out that Ann does not have any of her Dad's paintings. I told her that when I pass on, she can have the painting that he gave me. That was a sweet story. I was home for a visit with the boys. We had a family get together and Uncle George and Aunt Annabelle were there. I said that I would really like one of his paintings. He did not respond so I didn't know what to think. Then, before I flew back home, he brought me a painting picked especially for me. An Autumn scene because we did not have Autumn with all the colors in California. I treasure that painting, but if Ann needs it she will be willed it as my boys won't remember Uncle George. We will see. Marcia says that she has some at her house, in which case it will become part of my family history.

I went to church at 4PM and was a Eucharistic Minister. That is always a real privilege and I go home feeling quite special.

Today was really great. I did not have to go anywhere. So I finished a square for the Kettle Country Quilters Block of the Month, rested, fixed a couple of meals and just generally tries to do "nothing" (which is really hard for me) to let my body heal. We will see what happens. A quiet week is unfolding ahead of us. We have NO doctor appointments and I have nothing scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. So I am planning on doing great things. Dick won't let me do anything too physical. That is a big help t keep me in line.

Fr. Mike Shea called this morning. He is in the country and is going to see Mother tomorrow at about 9:30AM. His sister Bridget is coming with him. He called me to see what was a good time. I told him that her caregivers are always gone by 9:30AM to that is when he is coming. I called Mother to tell her that he will be there so she had something really special to look forward to. I will get to see him for a few minutes after Bible Study.

So that is the weekend. We are trying to figure out ways to be more mobile without my ability to lift wheelchairs and push up ramps. This week we have nothing but next week we have a anti coagulation meeting on Thursday. (Can you help then Bobbie.)

We always ask Bobbie and she is just a wonder, but one day she will have a commitment and we need alternatives.

Til tomorrow

God love you

Mary

No comments: