Monday, October 25, 2010

Today was a quiet day weather wise. It was supposed to get up close to 70 degrees but I am sure it was less than 65 and it felt a bit cooler. Tomorrow we will be on weather watch for wind and rain. I was hoping to be home all day but will have to to to pick up a prescription for Dick.

It was a reasonably quiet day for a Monday. The morning was busy. I went to Bible Study at 9:30AM. I stopped at Mom's before to drop off some food and some information that she needed. Then I went back after Bible Study to visit. I knew that Fr. Mike Shea and his sister Bridget would be there and wanted a bit of time to visit with them. It was good that Mother was alone with them for about an hour though. She wears out so easily these days and one on one is much easier for her. She does treasure these visits with Fr. Mike. He looks and feels well and is kept busy by his "family" of over 160 children. Listening to him tell about his kids makes one realize that children are the same world over. They are good and naughty, they are jealous of attention and loving and kind and selfish and generous. They all deserve love and to know that they are special.

Home again, we had chicken, mashed potatoes and cabbage for our lunch, then I took a nap.

The afternoon was a rather lazy afternoon. I got my papers ready for the telephone conference and cleared out the email messages and that was about all. I did gather up the trash to put out in the morning, so I won't be rushing around then.

Then at 7PM I got on the CWI Conference Board meeting. We had all but three on the line and got a lot done. Roxie was a bit offended because I sit in HER chair in the old office for these calls.

Now I have a couple of projects that need to be done and the information passed on the the others.

Tomorrow will be a good day to start them.

Take care and stay warm, dry and out of the wind tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: