Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday. It was a pleasant day. A bit cool but the winds are much subdued so it was easy to live with. I took a walk this morning. I will try to do that three or four times a week and increase my distance each day. Since my sweet Chelsea is gone I have not been walking especially with the rib pain.

I made a batch of Cranberry Relish today. That lasts forever on its own and I froze part of it as I want it to last through Christmas. We had a bit with our chicken and rice and will enjoy it for the next few weeks.

I have enough cranberries left to make two loaves of cranberry bread before Christmas.

I sewed some pockets onto a couple of Dick's long sleeved shirts today. They are not beautiful but they will be utilitarian. He does not like shirts without pockets as he has nowhere to put his paper towels or to put the tv controllers when we go to bed. Otherwise we are rolling on them and losing them in the blankets.

Mass was at 4PM I was able to be a Eucharistic minister which always makes me feel very special. It is especially wonderful as I become familiar with the members of the parish. What a privilege to be able to feed Jesus to your fellow Christians.

Anyway.   We are safe and sound in our  own little house.   The week is dying down and I am so glad.   I plan on going to bed early and sleeping til I have to get up.   Tomorrow is Halloween.   We have decided to have Chili dogs as a special Halloween meal.  If you want to join us, show up at about noon   We have more than enough.

Otherwise, enjoy your Halloween.   It is the Celtic New Years Eve, you know.

God love you

Mary

No comments: