Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hi.   This was a very busy morning which left me pretty much drained for the rest of the day.   Chelsea slept until almost 5AM.   I was amazed.  I went back to bed, of course, but made sure I was up by 6AM because I had to be in Sheboygan at V W Motorville at 9AM.    I don't know how much I told you about this, but my rear tire on the passenger side was losing air.   It started out that I had to fill it maybe every two weeks or so. Then lately every 5 t0 7 days.   They found a screw in the tire and fixed it for me.

I went right from there to the Pig to do our grocery shopping.   Boy, is this a good time for fruit.  Pineapples were $1.99 each and strawberries and watermelon were really reasonable.  So we have a super fruit salad in the fridge.

I bought a rotisserie chicken at the Pig and we had that with Cole slaw, steak fries and peas for our noon meal.   Then we had grilled cheese and fruit salad for supper.

Monday, when I was at Mother's I had her help me fill in a few facts on the "work history" I had done on Dad.   You will love this.   When Mother and Dad first started dating, He worked at the Midwest Woolen Mill making 20 to 25 cents an hour.   Then the mill closed and he went to work for Bemis for 35 cents per hour.   Finally in 1939,  he got a job with Badger State Tannery.  There he received 65 cents per hour and Mom and Dad were able to afford getting married.  And they did.   The next year, I was born.

Can you imagine .65 per hour?   But when I started on my first job at Citizens Bank of Sheboygan, I made $1.00 per hour.   That was 52 years ago.  

Our economic growth is a funny thing.  Wages go up but they buy less.


Have a great Thursday.  Dick gets the stitches out of the excision that he had last week.   We have not heard the lab results.   I am assuming that everything was OK or we would have been called back sooner.

Let you know tomorrow night.

God love you

Mary

No comments: