Monday, May 17, 2010

Whew, I got through another busy Monday.

Started off at 6:30AM. Chelsea had also gotten me up at 11:30 and then again at 3:30AM so it was a broken night. But at least she made it worth my while taking her out.

I had to print out and gather a few things for my visit with Mother this morning. I also had to finish a poem (at least so that it was ready to read) so I could take it to the Cream City Writers this afternoon.

I left at 9AM to go to Bible Study. We are getting closer to the end of Mark all the time. In the next few weeks, we will have to discuss where we want to go from here. This week we had the story of the poor woman who married seven brothers as they died one after the other and then the Sadducees asked Jesus who she would be married to in the afterlife. Tried to trip him up, they did. But of course, it did not work. We had a long discussion on the importance of relationships, such as marriage, in the afterlife. We decided that these are earthly relationships and we really have to believe that heaven is more than that and we cannot possibly understand until we get there.

I went from there to Mother's and helped her get her checkbook up to date. I am able to print off her statement up to date off of the computer which makes it easier.

She looks much better than she did on Thursday and sounds a bit stronger. We visited for a bit until I had to head home to fix Dick his lunch and walk Chelsea.

Then I picked up Jena, one of the writers club members and we drove to Antoinette's to meet another member, my friend Peggy Gasiorowski. Peggy lost her husband several weeks ago and is starting to get back into things again, so lunch and writer's club seemed like a good way to start.

We had a nice meeting and I was home by 2:30PM. I was able to do a bit of garden work, not much, because I ended up talking to the neighbor Harold for a bit. I also stopped over at our neighbor Dick's home too. I am picking up his mail and checking on him every week day, since he is still weak from the hospital stay and is alone. Then Alison Smith, from around the corner called. She said that she will be able to pick up the mail on Mondays and will help him with his trash, so that cuts it down a bit. I thought he looked better today too. Now if he doesn't try to overdue.

Dick and I just finished watching Dancing with the Stars and I did my voting. Chelsea has been walked and I took my nighttime tummy pill so I believe that I will go to bed.


A Little Haiku

One summer morning
I whistled at the Phoebe
And he responded.

Have fun tomorrow. Chelsea gets her haircut. I will send a picture.

Love and God love you

Mary

No comments: