Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers who read this post. It was a nice day for me. I heard from ALL six of my children with emails, cards or calls. I felt special. Richard and Brenda always bring a plant for Bobbie and me when they come for Dick's birthday. Tomorrow I can put it out on the porch. I may have to bring it in during the nights but that is OK. It is a combination double and single impatience with a Lemon Coral Sedum that I have never seen before and is beautiful.

I had a scare today. I went to charge my cell phone and could not find it. Not good. The last time that I remembered having it was when I put it in the little slot that my purse has for cell phones before I went to church last night. So I went over to St. John's and asked if there was a lost and found. They guy I asked said that Mike Switter had gotten a phone turned over to him last night that was in the parking lot. So I waited for Mike to come upstairs and sure enough, it was my phone. God is good and looking out for me.

I went from there to the turkey field to pickup my blind. That was easy. I walked in on the unploughed bath rather than across the plowed field. It was quite warm and really a nice walk. Guess what. I had dropped a rosary there and found that too. So I figure that God and St.Anthony are leading up to me finding my watch and rings, especially the little pinky diamond that was my Grandmother's, given to her after many years of marriage by Grandpa Deeley. I really want to give that to Erin as she is a direct descendant. I am going to trust that it will happen.\\


About then Bret called to wish me a Happy Mother's day. I had received ecards from Bobbie and Bill and Richard and Brenda. Leslie sent a busy, happy (with wedding descriptions) email and Jim and Michelle also emailed.

We had chicken, asparagus and pasta for lunch and then I went shooting with Nancy Roehre. We went today to make up for not going on Friday. I did kind of OK. One was awful, one was good and one was marginal.

When I got home, I left almost immediately to go to Mother's to bring her presents and wish her a happy Mother's day. Jeff and Randy and Shane were there when I got there. I got to see Erin and Jessie, soaked with sweat from a run from Plymouth to Sheboygan Falls. They are practicing for a marathon in October. Kathy, Sara an Georgina came over a bit later. They were at Donna's while Mom was resting. We all had a nice visit.

Donna's nephews have taken over mowing Mother's lawn. Dillon was doing it for several years but now is too busy with work and school, so his younger brother Dustin has taken over. However, Dillon brought music and played the piano for Mother while Dustin was mowing. He used to play for Mother sometimes after he finished mowing. What a nice young man and Dustin is charming too.

I to home just before 4PM and Bret called very shortly after I got home. So I am a happy Mom. I heard from all six of my special people.

Happy Mother's Day to anyone who belongs to that title.

God love you ALL.

Mary

No comments: