Monday, May 10, 2010

A lovely day. Kind of cool but a nice respite between the rains. They are projecting rain, even tomorrow.

The morning was its normal frantic self with the animals demanding their due and having to get myself and Dick ready for the day. When I went out with Chelsea for her walk, my left eye started hurting again. Yesterday morning this started. I would feel like something was in it. I would flush it and blink like crazy and it would go away, but my eye itched something fierce. I really thought that whatever was in it had flushed out. But there it was again, so I called Dr. Cheryl at 8:30AM and made an appointment to get it checked this afternoon.

Bible study was well attended. Helen Maurer was back. We were so glad because this means that her and Kenny's health is going OK and her cousin Paul, who needs to be helped in this life as he is a bit slow is recovering from a very serious dental procedure. Helen was worried because he was afraid and the procedure was very serious. She thanked us for our prayers and we were glad to be able to help.

When I got to Mom's, Denise was already in the middle of Mother's permanent. Even without her hearing aids in, we managed to cover the things that she needed help with. The three of us, Denise, Mother and me had a nice visit. When I got home, there was a message from Alicia, who was concerned about the permanent as I am sure she thought it might tire mother out too much. I got the message after the permanent was over but would have told her that I felt that she needed it. She had been uncomfortable with her hair for several weeks and it is also so special for her to have Denise come down to spend time and care for her. It is good for Denise too.

Home again, Dick and I had hot dogs and sauerkraut for our dinner. It was very good. I think I will fix pork chops for the leftover sauerkraut.

I took a long nap this afternoon. Today I got in touch with Mary Pat Kelly, just back from Ireland, and we kind of firmed up the timing for her visit and talk on June 3. She will be staying here and Kate is going to host a wine and cheese party in the afternoon for CWI members and guests.

So it has been a full day. I was able to cross of everything on my list except for one email. So I feel fulfilled.

Tomorrow will be fairly quiet. Only one appointment and that is in the mid afternoon. I like that. I get so much more done around here if I have my morning when I am fresh and alert.

Hope your week is starting out good. I am looking forward to pictures of Sara's wedding.

I am still trusting that my rings and watch will show up. I am especially concerned about the little pinky ring that was Grandma's. The others are personally important to me. St. Anthony is on the job and I have faith.

Love

God love you

Mary

No comments: