Friday, April 30, 2010

Today was a nice balance of home and errands.

Chelsea and I had good walks. On one of them I noticed something odd on the road. When I checked closer I found that it was a poor baby turtle, the shell about the size of a silver dollar. He had been run over by a car. I brought it home to show Dick and will see if it dries up and I can keep it.

I cleaned the bathrooms today and watered the indoor plants. I also had several calls to make and people to email.

Then, at 12:30, I joined the bank gals at the Dairy Queen. I had not been there for several weeks so had a bit to catch up on. Mary Schroeder was there. I had not seen her since some time last year. She is now retired so may be there more now.

When I got home, I took a nice nap. Then I took care of all the other creatures, two legged and four legged that live in our house. I fed those that needed feeding and walked those that needed walking and then drove on out to Rhine Plymouth to work. I was the first one there for a long time. I was getting a bit nervous. I can do almost everything at Rhine, but I do not know how to load the traps or how to set up the lines. As it turned out Jimmy is in the hospital, we don't know WHAT is up with two of our team and Harold and Matt was a bit late. We ended up sending Matt home because his son is in the hospital in Milwaukee. They think he has a hear problem. I think he is 15 so everybody pray for Matt's son.

During the day, I called our neighbor Dick because I had not seen him in several days and was concerned. He is OK but is having lots of asthma problems. I also called my friend Doc. He was SO sick a couple of weeks ago. Now he had a very severe nosebleed and is sitting with a "marshmallow" plug in his nose to give it a chance to heal. As I told Doc's wife Judy, I was checking up on all my old men that aren't too well.

So my day is done and I am ready to hit the hay. Dick told me that Bart had called when he was not able to get to the phone, so I called him too. Barb has really bad allergies. Adam has applied at the fire department for a job. Bart and Barb will be here the last week in June. Bret is supposed to come too. Such joy there will be then.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: