Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another day spent at home and I think I am finally getting a bit rested. After the weekend and then Mom's difficulties, I was really very spent.

Chelsea did get me up twice during the night but the last time was at 5:30AM so I just crawled back in for an hour and did get a bit more rest. She had a fairly good appetite today and seemed to enjoy her walks, though she does move slowly after we have walked for a while. This morning, I saw a Sandhill Crane flying overhead. I feel that he was my blessing for the day.

Joan came and cleaned today. I did two loads of wash and we got Dick all cleaned up and lotioned. We are trying to keep dry skin and rashes away and so far do pretty well.

I worked a bit on Ancestry today. I had to call Mother for some confirmation. She sounds pretty good, by the way. I wanted to verify that Grandma Bowser's name was Marie, not Mary or Maria and that her middle name is Josephine. In some of the trees by other relatives, sometimes Grandma was called Mary or Maria and in some of them there is a Josephine or Joesphina listed as another sister. So I will be able to help them refine their trees. Mom is excited that I am looking at that tree also as she is interested in the Schleis family which is on Grandma Bowser's mother's side.

They say cranes bring luck
Today one flew over us
So we have been blessed.





So another day past and only one more day left in April. May is a busy month for us as we both have birthdays and Mother's Day is in there too. Dick and I will be hitting 80 and 70 this year. Somehow those are bridge years. I remember when Mother reached 70 she said that she really had never minded 40 or 50 or 60 but that 70 sounded OLD. I will have to remind her 94 year old little self of that.

Have a nice Friday

God love you

Mary

No comments: