Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I WAS able to stay home all day today. But it still turned out to be rather busy.

The morning was spent emptying the bags from the trip and putting things away. Chelsea needed two good walks, (she does slow down after getting herself a bit further from home than she should.)

Jeff and Kathy stopped by at about 11:15AM with some cookies that I had purchased from a fundraiser their home and school had put on. Kathy told me that last year they made 23,000 cookies, this year it was up to almost 30,000. WOW. I bought 2 dozen. I can pull out whatever I want and just bake them. (or as Kathy said, thaw and eat the cookie dough.) Jeff, bless his heart, got the light in my oven replaced. I have been trying but there were some problems. He spread the filaments and blew out the dust and I have a light again. Brothers sure come in handy. And I sure am lucky with the ones God gave me.

We had chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and salad for our lunch.

Then at about 1PM the guys from Steger Heating came to do a maintenance check on out air conditioner. They found a couple of things that needed cleaning and/or cleaning so we had them take care of them.

We had Bobbie's chili for our supper. It was good and it is sure nice to have something good just ready to heat up.

While I was on my trip to Lake Geneva, Mary Gorski, Kate Herman and I were sitting at a breakfast table on Saturday morning at the Comfort Suites. A sweet little elderly lady, dressed in bright clothes and wearing a bubushka, stopped at our table to talk. She was charming. We found out that she was there for a weekend reuinion of her family. She herself is a holocost surviver. What a lovely lady. I found out that she is 86 years old and her name is Marie. We will probably hear more of her as her daughter,Ann, joined us for our lecture on the Tinkers on Saturday. She wanted to stay longer with us but, of course, family comes first and this was their reunion weekend.

I will post a picture of our Marie for you to see her joy.

God love you all

Mary

Then

No comments: