Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What a great St. Patrick's Day. I had to go grocery shopping this morning but was home before 9AM. So. After making sure that everything was in good shape here I went down to the Exchange Bank just before 10AM so I would be there when the other Celtic Women got there. There were 12 of who marched or lunched or both together. What a glorious day it was. I marched without my jacket even. We carried the Celtic Women International Banner and are in the Sheboygan Press Online. Just go to sheboyganpress.com, look under the Plymouth Irish pictures and there we are.

Anyway, we marched from Highland and Eastern to the 52 Stafford. I drove a bunch of us up to the site, then Kathy Paul drove me up to get my car. It worked very well. We all stayed at the Stafford for about an hour visiting with lots of friends, many such as Mark and Deb Hanna, who I had not seen for SUCH a long time. At about 1PM, Kate, Rosemary, Joan, Luanne, Dorothy and myself walked up the street to lunch at the newly opened Mill Street Grill. We were very pleased with that too and had a lovely visit. On our way back to our cars, we stopped in at the Dear Old Books Book store for some browsing.

Then I went home to take care of the critters and fix Dick his dinner before going to Eileen's house at about 5PM for a Deeley gathering. Nora and Leif are in town and they along with Dolores and Ken and Eileen and Fred had been out on the town enjoying the Irish festivities in Sheboygan. Jeff and Kathy along with Shane and Georgiane came too. They had spend a bit of the afternoon with Mother. Shane even brought his guitar and they sang a few Irish songs with her. Eileen had a wonderful spread of food. Corned beef, cheeses, meatballs, breads including a yeast soda bread and cookies with shamrock rings in them. I will download some pictures and Put a couple on here, probably Friday or Saturday as tomorrow is also going to be very busy.

I think I mentioned that Pat and Joan are bringing Fr. Mike Shea to see Mother. They are bringing lunch with them. I am going to Falls to join them. Mother doesn't know it but a couple of the O'Connors are coming with them. They would like to talk to Mom about her memories of Armstrong and the old times.

And tomorrow afternoon, Bobbie and Bill are coming over. Bobbie and I have to work on wine again.

So it was a busy and beautiful day and tomorrow is shaping up to be just as good.

I hope your St. Patrick's Day was as blessed.

God love you

Mary

No comments: