Monday, March 15, 2010

A usual busy Monday.

There were 6 of us at Bible Study discussing the passages from Mark regarding divorce. We had a lot to say, needless to say. Then over to Mother's house. She looks good and said that she still has her goal of going to Mass on Palm Sunday. Today was sizing up to be a gorgeous day, her plan was to walk around the house and see what is starting to push its green above the ground. I see buds on some of our trees and some of my herbs and annuals are starting to green up.

Thursday, Uncle Pat and Aunt Joan are bringing Fr. Mike Shea for a visit with Mother before Mike heads back to Thailand. Mother doesn't know, but a couple of the O'Connors (cousins) are coming too. They asked if they could come and visit Mother too as she is the only one left from way back when who knows first hand a lot of family history.

This afternoon, I went to Writer's Club. There five of us there. Again, not a full crowd but we had a lot of nice readings and good discussions and left with a list of words for an "assignment" for next month.

When I got home, I put the beef that I corned myself on the stove to cook for our supper. Boy did that turn out good. We had corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. It was just wonderful. Tender and lean.

After I cleaned the kitchen, I was so tired, that I laid down on the couch to rest and did not wake up until just before 9PM. Now, I have taken Chelsea out twice already and I am ready to go to bed. This afternoon, Chelsea had a rather violent fainting spell. She looked very confused but seems to have recovered nicely. Poor little girl, when we were out on her second walk this evening she did not see the grate and her little paws fell into it. Usually she sees it or senses it or I do but in the dark we both missed it this time. She is OK from that too but was very apprehensive the rest of the way home.

That is the day. Tomorrow morning, Dick will be busy with dentist and blood tests. Sleep tight. I am still tired and going to bed myself.

God love you

Mary

No comments: