Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another exciting day. A good continuation from St. Patrick's Day. As Bobbie and Bill were coming over for dinner tonight because Bobbie and I needed to do some wine racking, I mixed up a meatloaf and made a Chocolate Mousse Pie for our dinner.

I left here at 11AM to go to Mother's because of Fr. Mike's visit. I got there are was able to help Joan set the table and put the food on. Fr. Mike Shea and Michael
O'Connor were there to visit. Michael O' Connor is my second cousin. Great Aunt Mae's grandson. He is a really good looking nice guy and I have his address and email so can communicate. He is trying to get the O'Connor genealogy together and was eager to talk to Mom. This was a good day for Mom but exhausting. We had a lovely lunch of ham, turkey, cheese with croissants, fresh fruit and cookies.

I helped Mom find the pictures and life stories that we have collected to show to Michael and when I figure out how, will do a disc of my collection for him and whoever else wants it.

Then after lunch, Nora and Leif, Eileen and Fred, and Dolores and Ken came to say Hello to Mike and Michael and we had a longer visit. We all left at about 2:30. Fr. Mike had to get packed for his return trip to Thailand on Saturday and Mother was completely drained. I would like to call her but will wait until tomorrow so she has a chance to rest a bit.

I got home shortly before three as Bobbie and Bill were arriving at 3PM. Bobbie and I took care of racing the lemon balm wine and found that her two wines need another bit of time.

Our dinner turned out quite well. My picture along with Joan Brigham and Dorothy Rose from the Celtic Women was on the front page of the Sheboygan Press. Yippee. That is good publicity.

So the day has wound down. Tomorrow will be quite busy with a eye doctor appointment and the Bust Up Dinner for the pistol league but Saturday will be very quiet and Sunday even quieter so I hopefully can get rested and caught up.

I love you all

God loves you too

Mary

No comments: