Friday, March 26, 2010

What a day. Both Dick and I had appointments this morning. I was not done until 1PM.

The morning was very normal. Taking care of critters, walking, showering feeding us all and getting a couple of loads of wash done. Chelsea ate both of her meals today. I was encouraged.

Dick had his hair cut appointment this morning over at Shear Delight. That is in the same building as the rehab center he was in. Julie did a great job on him and we saw his physical therapists, at least to say HI.

The next appointment was mine. I had my annual eye appointment with Dr. Cheryl Ziegler. Basically, my eyes are healthy, But. I do have a definite change in my vision and will be getting new glasses. AND I have the very beginning of cataract signs. Nothing to worry about yet but we well be watching.

I picked up Dairy Queen for Dick and I for lunch and then took a nap. To my shock, when I woke up, it was 4:10PM and I had to pick Nancy up for our pistol shooting and the Art Center Exhibition at 4:45PM. I sailed. I put some food for Dick in a saucepan with a plate and utensils next to it. I fed the dog and cat and I got myself dressed and ready to go. Then I walked Chelsea and was out of her by 4:50PM. Not bad.

We were almost the first people at the clubhouse tonight so we were able to go right down to the range. We each shot three targets. I at least got all the shots on the paper and improved with each. They were not TOO bad but I am still jerking some shots. Nancy is struggling. I think she is over thinking now and needs to relax and go back to what she was doing at the beginning. I have had times where I couldn't do it and had to settle down.

We went from there to the Plymouth Art center for the opening of the 15th Annual Juried Art Exhibition. Kitty Klitch also had her students exhibit at the same time. A fellow classmate of mine from High School, Mark Montaba, had a painting in that grouping. They were challenged to do paintings from old photographs of their families. Memory paintings and they were powerful.

At 6:30, the winners of the juried show were announced. Nancy and I had not made it all the way around the show yet. Imagine my delight when they announced that a Stephen Bowser was one of the winners in the show. When he walked back from picking up his award, I whispered to him that my mother was a Bowser so he waved me over. He is Jerry Bowser, Mom's first cousin's son. His painting is beautiful. He was there, with his brother and sister and Jerry too so it was kind of a mini reunion. Was that exciting! I can hardly wait to tell Mom on Monday.

I got home at about 7:30PM. and am just relaxing before going to bed. I have a kitty sprawled on her back on the desk and a doggy sound asleep in the kitchen and a man sleeping in the bedroom on a freshly made bed. Doesn't that sound cozy?

God love you all

Mary

No comments: