Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rather nice day. The sun was shining but it was a bit cooler than the past couple of days. At least the rain that is supposed to come will not be here until the weekend.

I did the grocery shopping this morning, finishing everything up by about 10AM. Then I did a load of wash, cleaned the kitchen cabinets and made some ricotta out of the milk that had soured. We had leftover corned beef and cabbage for our dinner.

Then I rested a bit but couldn't really sleep so I got up and just worked on anything that I saw that needed to be done around here. I can't really put my finger on it but I was busy all afternoon.

Then I fixed us Reuben sandwiches with the leftover corned beef and we had ice cream with fresh sliced strawberries for dessert.

I then drove over to Mead Library. Karl Elder is leading a poetry share there on one Wednesday a month through May. I missed the first one but thought this would be a good experience. I feel a little out of my league but will probably go back anyway. One of the others said not to feel that way. We can't and shouldn't all write exactly alike.

I wrote a little haiku - no title - Can you think of one?

Outside the window
The cardinal looks for food.
Inside sits the cat.


The week and the month are both winding down. Enjoy each day.

Mary

No comments: