Friday, March 05, 2010

Another week winding down. I was home most of the morning. We had pancakes for our breakfast and I cleaned the bathrooms. I also crocheted a little shawl for my "Crone Doll". As soon as I get that arranged on her, she will be all done and I can start working on the "Mother" part of the trio that I have planned.

I left at about 11AM to go to see Mother. I was anxious to visit with her as she had a minor fainting spell on Wednesday. I also had two of her prescriptions to bring to her and I took her some of that nummy cauliflower soup that I made on Wednesday. She looks and sounds fine. She is just going to be extra careful and slow down when she is feeling weak. We had a great visit anyway and I helped with some more paperwork.

Then I drove back to Plymouth and picked up Chelsea's prescription before meeting the gals at the Dairy Queen. We all had a good visit, and I asked them all to pray for our Bart too.

Barb had called while I was gone and called back while I was at Rhine, so Dick gave her the cell phone # and we were able to touch base. We do know that the problem Bart is having is not with the implant. He has a staph type infection that seems to be resistant to some antibiotics. They have taken more blood tests and sent them to
Wichita Falls where they apparently have a better lab facility. So, there will be no determination until Monday and he has to stay in the hospital until then. So my boy is not a happy camper and Barbara is exhausted. She has been going to work at 5:30AM besides all the worry about Bart and her boss has her doing two jobs which actually should be done by two people. Thank you for your prayers and remember that Barb, as caregiver, needs them too.

I worked at Rhine tonight. Two weeks in a row, I know, but I had traded with someone last week, so they could be at a function that they had to attend. Now I have three weeks off. It was really dead as most people have finished their league shooting and the bust up is two weeks off. This time, Jerry Coenen is in charge of the food and will have meatless options for us Friday Catholics. It only matters during lent but I am always stuck eating salads and picking meat out of beans or eating a cheese sandwich. We are going to have veggie and cheese pizzas. Yea.

So, day is done and I am too.

Dick and I are going to enjoy Sunday as and Oscar Day. I am going to prepare T bone steaks and asparagus and will fix a nice salad and dessert to go with them. It will be a fun time.

God love you, I do

Mary

No comments: