Friday, February 19, 2010

Well, the dishwasher is not working. I had a dishwasher full last night and turned it on but somehow or other it got on delay cycle, so I thought that perhaps when I was cleaning it I managed to push the wrong button. I tried to let it run to the delay time but nothing happened. This morning, I called Mike, the appliance guy, who gave me a couple of things to try but they did not work either so he will be here on Monday morning. It is either something very simple, OR we need a new washer, depending on the cost, of course, as it is very old. Mike is very good, we have had him here before and he will tell me.

So I washed dishes this morning and throughout the day. I got to the Dairy Queen today to have lunch with my friends. It was good to see them and visit again. My friend Betty is in Puerto Rico with her daughters on vacation. I had grilled cheese and brought a cheeseburger and fries home for Dick.

I also had to bake two desserts for St. John's Fish Fry. Wednesday after the Ash Wednesday Mass, Fr. Van Beek announced that they were really short of desserts for the first of the Friday fish fries. This is a BIG fundraiser for the church and they have them every Friday during Lent. Starting next week, Dick and I will get take outs. Anyway, I volunteered to bake something and then almost forgot. Usually when I volunteer, it is on a Sunday and I have a week to get it done.

Then, this evening, I went out to Rhine and shot the pistol league. Nancy couldn't come this week but I was able to shoot with Rich and Janet Bieschke so did not have to shoot alone. I did better than last week but certainly still need a lot of work.

Dick and I installed our new Quicken program today. Had to update before April. It will be interesting to see the improvements.

Guess that is all for today. Tomorrow I am home all day except for Mass at 4PM. I am going to gather the ingredients that I need for the scones that CWI is going to bake on Sunday. We are having a scone making session which should be fun. I have several things to tell the group at our meeting.

Til tomorrow then.

Mary


Part of an email that I received. An oldie but goodie.

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat
and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat
and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine
and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine
and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats
and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.


No comments: