Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Grocery shopping day. Chelsea got me up at 1:30AM last night. Then again at 5. I was able to get back to sleep both times and got up finally at 6:30AM. I did all the morning things and was able to be done with Chelsea so I could watch the winner of the Westminster Dog Show interview on GMA. Dick and I watched the show the past two nights. We really do enjoy it. This year the Scottie won the Best in Show.

Shopping went quite well. They had Tb one steaks on sale again so I bought some for the freezer - as if we needed any more meat. Oh well. We are well stocked.

The rest of the day, I spent mainly cooking. I made a broccoli/cauliflower salad and a carrot/pineapple salad and we had tilapia with tater tots and fresh veggies along with the broccoli/cauliflower salad. Num Num

This evening, I went to the Ash Wednesday service at St. Johns. I was communion minister which is always a thrill for me. The children's choir sang which also made it special. Church was, of course, full as it always is for the ashes. Mom and I always laugh because there ARE people who come to church for Christmas, Easter and Ash Wednesday. There was a time when St. Blaze Day was kind of a big deal too. The priest would bless your throat with candles to protect against choking and diseases of the throat. That was another feast that brought out the people who seldom came to any other masses.

I got home to find that Michelle had called while I was gone. She is scheduled for a procedure on Monday afternoon called a LEEP which we are all hoping will correct the problems that she has been experiencing. So I am putting out a prayer call for our Michelle. They will be calling after it is over so I will be able to update you then.

So that was today.

God love you

Mary

No comments: