Saturday, January 09, 2010

Except for going to mass this evening, I did get to stay home all day. Good thing. I was really tired. I had trouble getting to sleep last night. Probably those caffeinated diet cokes that I drank at Rhine. But it was almost midnight when I finally drifted off. I rested for a while this morning and managed to get through the rest of the day.

I did some CWI computer work today. AND I put the Nativities away also. So I have a start. This week will be quieter and with any luck at all, Christmas will be put away by next Friday. How sad.

We had a great noon meal. I broiled a T Bone steak and we had it with fresh potato salad and beets. We have found that one steak divided is more than enough for the two of us.

I called Barbara today as I have been worried about her and her father. Her father is very ill and failing and she is wearing herself out trying to take care of him, work and take care of her own home. Pray for her and for Don.

Mass was at 4PM. I was able to be a wine minister as they were one short. I still find it the greatest thrill to be able to be a minister of communion. I never get over the wonder of it.

Aunt Kathleen called this morning. She had talked to Mother and just wanted an update. I was able to tell her that she is indeed very weak but that we now have people in every morning to help her get up,dressed and ready for her day.

I called Mother after I finished talking to Kathleen and she seems very pleased with the helpers that are coming each morning. So that is over half the battle. Of course, who would not enjoy helping my Mother. There is nobody more sweet or grateful for what you do for her.

Have a restful Sunday. I get to stay home ALL day tomorrow and am SO excited.

God love you

Mary


An oldie gut goodie. Rules for pets

Dear Dogs and Cats,
The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food.
Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack.
Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.
For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.
The proper order is kiss me, THEN go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!

No comments: