Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Well another day is winding down.

I got up at 6 and got all the morning things done before 8AM so I could get the grocery shopping done and everything put away by mid morning. That went well. I filled the gas tank while I was out so am set for another week or two.

At 11AM Dick and I drover over to the clinic for our HlNl shots. Dick is not very relieved. He worries about stuff like that. I personally figure that we are in the low risk group and not exposed to much on the outside. But he is probably, because of his diabetes somewhat at risk,

The cutest thing happened while we were waiting. A mother with two little boys, one just toddling, came down the hall. The toddler immediately became fascinated with Dick's wheelchair and walked up behind him and started touching the wheels and back of the chair. His mother, on crutches, called to him to come, but he got down and crawled under the chair like a puppy. Dick and I thought it was quite funny. He crawled out from under Dick's legs, so Dick finally got to see him then. She got him down the hall with her and he tried once more to escape, but his brother tackled him and took him back.

This afternoon, I picked Mother up at 3:00PM and took her to the Sheboygan Clinic to get the heart monitor off of her. Boy was she relieved. It was not heavy but was not at all comfortable. She should receive the results from Dr. Hancock's office by Monday. We are almost hoping they will find something, at least something correctable. She is still very weak but hanging in there. Tomorrow, the nurse will be there to check her and on Friday the morning visits will begin. That will be a relief for us all.

So. that was the day. Enough, wouldn't you say? I am going to fix a cup of tea and then start winding down for the night.

I can't believe the week is half over already and as it is officially Epiphany, Christmas is really over too. I have not even begun putting any of my decorations away.

Have a good last two days of the week.

God love you

Mary

No comments: