Tuesday, January 05, 2010

My Tuesdays are supposed to be quiet. I usually tell people that if they want me to do something Tuesdays are always free.

Not today.

This morning, I had a doctor appointment at 8:45AM. We had hoped to get our H1N1 vaccine but they were out of the vaccine. So, I had my appointment and we went to get Dick's coagulation checked and went home. His count was right on. On the high side but still within the parameters. So we don't have to go back for a whole month.

However, this afternoon, I noticed that the phone was blinking to indicate that we had a message. The vaccine came in while we were still in the building but we left quickly after two short appointments and they missed us, so we are going back tomorrow for the shots.

When we got home, I took a nap. I was really tired after the morning activities and still had a full day ahead of me. It got up at 11 and fixed some spaghetti for our dinner. And I cleaned the kitchen counters and the sinks. I have NO idea how they get so dirty. I haven't even been doing much cooking but there was crud all over everything and I scrubbed everything on Sunday.

Chelsea's vet, Dr. Conners called this afternoon. We are going to check Chelsea's blood again to see how much she has failed. There are still a couple of things she may be able to suggest to make her more comfortable. The coughing is getting worse again and we can't increase those meds. But we will see. She still is like a puppy when we go for our walks. I frankly hope that one day we will wake up and just find her gone. I don't want her to suffer and I hate to have to make the decision to put her down. That is so hard.

I went to Mother's at 1:30 or so to meet with the nurse, Kathy, from VNA. Dolores was there too so we were both able to help Mom with her decisions an her understanding. They, the VNA, will be able to come in three days a week to help her get up and bathe and dress. The nurse will come two days to check her vitals and she is going to have a PT and OT evaluation done. Dolores and I are going to talk to two of the local care agencies for someone to come to be with Mother the other four days when she is getting up in the morning. That is her vulnerable time and we are working to get her covered. She should not be afraid.

Home again. What a relief. I intend to be in bed and asleep by 9:30PM as I am really tired. I have to get organized and get some phone calls and emails done by the weekend.

From Jeff Foxworthy - About Wisconsinites

If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with
> someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in
> Wisconsin .
>
> If you have ever refused to buy something because
> it's 'too pricey,' you might live in Wisconsin .
>



God love you

Mary

No comments: