Monday, January 04, 2010

Today was busy, making up for my quiet yesterday. Actually, I forgot to tell you that yesterday, though I got to stay home, did have its problem. Dolores called in the afternoon to tell me that Mother had fainted again in the morning. Dolores went out and stayed with her until after lunch. She is OK, though very weak and she did get a little bump on her head.

Dolores went out this morning at 7AM to help her get up and be with her during that seemingly vulnerable time. She stayed until Jeff and Kathy got there. They took her to the doctor this morning. I stopped with a prescription on my way to bible study and got to see her. She looked so weak.

Jeff and Kathy took her to the doctor and he ordered a 48 hour heart monitor which was put on her this afternoon. He also agreed that the VNA should come out and do an evaluation. So Dolores and I will be at Mother's tomorrow at 1:30PM to help her work with them.

Today, I went to Bible Study. Then came home and fixed lunch. Dick and I had to be at Wisconsin Prosthesis at 1:30PM to have his shoe repaired and to have the prosthesis checked. A leather or cover had pealed loose from the metal band. Tim was able to fix it right away and we were home by 2PM.

Then tonight I had to go to Rhine Plymouth for our first meeting of the New Year. It went quite well, I think. I do have to work this Friday as I am now on team A.

Dick was happy today. Some of the presents that he had ordered for me for Christmas had not come and finally arrived today. It was fun. Christmas is just going on and on. I received a present from Jacquie last week and now these. Tomorrow, I am going to wear the new cross that he got me. It is a beautiful silver cross with a real shamrock in the center.

Chelsea is getting weirder and weirder. I never know what treats to give her anymore and she acts very suspicious of dishes that I put on the floor. As an old lady, she has to go outside OFTEN. But she is sleeping up to 8 hours at night, (or 4 on a bad night.) Her tail is not up often but when we walk she springs along like she is a puppy. She even did a bit of the Pepe Le Pew in the snow after the last dusting. Poor little girl. She is just plain wearing out.

Take care

God love you

Mary

No comments: