Thursday, November 12, 2009

We have been busy all day. And we never left the neighborhood. I started with the usual morning stuff. Dick has his colonoscopy tomorrow so had his last solid food for breakfast.

Joan, the cleaning lady, came at 8AM so the house is all vacuumed and scrubbed again. While she was here I started boiling chicken for soup. I figured that tomorrow, when we get out after the procedure, Dick will be either starved or want something like chicken soup. I worked on it throughout the day. It is all ready except for the noodles.

Bobbie got her at about 11:30 or so. The critters are always glad to see her. She and I had Irish Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches and pie for our lunch. Then we went down to the winery and got to work. We racked the Marigold, the Lemon Balm, the Grapevine and the Peach wines. Then we bottled the rhubarb. We are running low on bottles. Fortunately, we have at least a month before we have to worry about being totally out and perhaps can accumulate some more. Roxie was down there with us almost the whole time fussing at us.

Yesterday as I was coming up the stairs, I noticed something on one of the stairs. Here is the background to the story.

When my Aunt Nonny died, I ended up getting a doll pair from her estate. It is a very small, maybe 5 inches, little black doll holding a baby that is maybe two inches long. So, I was coming up the stairs and saw this thing on the stair. I was "the BABY". Roxie stole that poor doll's baby and just discarded it on the stairs. I was shocked.

My bulk herbs came in the mail today. Now I will start drinking my infusions regularly. I ordered Nettle, rose hip, oat grass and mullein. I started today with the nettle because my more in depth reading of its properties told me it is good for healing stomachs. They are all good for building up the system and warding off viruses. I figure I will rotate them. Dick said he will try them too. In small amounts he can get used to the taste and I think they will be good for both of us.

I had also ordered an herbal tea called Happy Tummy. So Bobbie and I shared a cup of that before she left. It has Spearmint, Catnip, Lemongrass, Calendula flowers, Skullcap, Rosemary, Sage and Fennel. It tastes very refreshing. Funny thing. I had it sitting on my desk and Roxie got very interested in it. I actually had to shoo her away as it looked like she was going to lap it up. Had to be the catnip.

I am now winding down for the night. I am helping Dick get ready for tomorrow and sipping my nettle infusion and writing this blog. Aren't I the multi-tasker.

Did I tell you that our Sara is engaged? I found it on Facebook. I am getting a bit better on Facebook. At least I am getting SOME of the important stuff. She had a picture of her and Vince and they look so good together.

Have a happy Friday. Bart should be back home from Germany. I am sure he is or I would have heard. I expect that I will hear from him either before the weekend is over. Otherwise, I will call him.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: