Monday, November 09, 2009

This was quite a day. Lots of fun stuff and then I finished the evening by cleaning off my desk (mostly) and the upper left hand drawer which holds all my greeting cards and labels.

Bible study was at 9:30AM. There were 8 of us there today and we had a lively discussion about the role of women in the Old Testament as the reading was the one in which Jesus heals the woman who had been bleeding for 12 years. Now it is important to understand that when a woman was in her cycle in those days, she was unclean. And this must have been dibilitating. But this woman, a WOMAN, had the faith and the nerve to decide to just touch his cloak as He walked by and she was healed. He felt her healing too. Then Jesus went to the temple officials home and raised his daughter, another woman though only 12, from the dead. We always have a lot to say.

Then I stopped at Mother's and got there just as Jeff was loading Mom's walker in his new van to take her to the ear doctor to get her new hearing aids. So, we transferred the cactus to his car and I left Mom's pots that Bobbie had returned on her porch. Then I picked up the paper and headed for home.

I had several calls to make and dinner to prepare and eat before Kate Herman picked me up at 12:20PM to go to The Sheboygan County Historical Research Center for an Irish Genealogy Workshop. There were about 15 of us in the workshop including Debbie O'Grady, a fellow CWIer and Tom Keyes who I found out is a source person for Irish who come from County Cork, Ireland. I am not sure exactly what that means but since I see him every Monday at bible study, I told him that we would be discussing this next Monday.

I learned a lot. I am going to call my cousin, Doug, tomorrow. We are pretty certain that Great Grandpa David Deeley, was not a Deeley in Ireland though there are Deeleys in Ireland. Doug told me he knows the name they had in Ireland and I want to find that out. Then I can put into practice some of the hints I received today and will call Mary Pat Kelly who wrote Galway Bay for more.

Mary Pat Kelly said she would speak to our group and I asked Beth Dippel if the Research Center would like to cosponsor the talk with us and perhaps bring in more Irish to hear her. Beth is willing so I will proceed.

On the way home, we stopped at Mom's to drop off her iron pills. Kate came in to visit for that few minutes as she loves Mom too. Mom's new hearing aids look wonderful and she seems pleased. Did I tell you that she can test them for 6 months and return them during that period if they do not work for her? So far so good. They are self adjusting so that will save her having to work with the volume controls.

Kate and I had our first visit in months. With my and Dick's health problems and her and Ron's we have just not been able too. So we did get a bit caught up.

Have you ever tried to type with a kitty cradled in your arms? I had to do 2/3 of this blog with Roxie doing just that. She is so cuddly, more so than even before now that our Sweet Oscar is gone.

Tomorrow will be an at home day except that Dick has to get his hair cut in the afternoon. I just MIGHT go shopping too as Wednesday Jeff and Shane are going out to check the deer stands and I will try to go along. Jeff is going to put me in a spot close to the road over the dump, so he says, so I won't have to walk so far in. I will just go for the one day and may come home shortly after lunch depending on the weather and how my knee weathers the cold and the walk in. But I really DO want to go out.

Til tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: