Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Had quite a day today. I went grocery shopping at about 8:30AM after everybody here got their breakfast. Rebandaged Dick's legs then drove into Sheboygan Falls for lunch with the Class of 58. However, I had one stop on the way. As I am driving down old 23, I notice that the low tire or Tyre, as the gauge tells me, was on again. SO I stopped at the Mobil station in Falls and the clerk let me use her tire gauge and use their air. I couldn't find the sticker that tells how much air goes in each tire, so I just measured one. It said 50 so I filled them all to fifty. (Now those of you who know about tire pressure, don't panic. The story is not over.)

When I got down to Broadway and parked across from The Other Place, where we were gathering for lunch, I looked again and lo and behold, I found the sticker. 35 is the correct psi. Well, I couldn't do anything then so I went and had lunch with my friends. We had a nice group. 17 including a few spouses.
Carol Van Dixhorn Katt, brought back a glass candle holder that we had used at the high school reunion that she and I had helped plan. It ended up at her house and for the past five years, every time she sees me she mentions it. I told her not to worry as I would not have worried if I did not get it back at all. But she remembered it today. I had forgotten how pretty it really is. It is a Fenton and very iridescent.

I had a Reuben Sandwich with onion rings. Brought half of it home and dick and I shared it for supper, along with the last of the soup that Kate gave us.

I left the lunch in time to stop at home and walk Chelsea. Now all of you people who know about tire pressure can breath again. I took one of our gauges and rechecked the tires and reduced the air to around that 35 psi that is recommended. This is the second time that I have gotten that low air notice. I am going to call the dealer and ask about that.

Then I drove out on Cty F this side of Dundee to the old homestead to meet Jeff and Shane and set up our stands. Jeff and Shane called me as I was on my way to tell me that they would be a bit late. But, when I got there Jason Karls and his wife and little boy, James were there so I visited with them until Jeff and Shane came.

We went into the woods then. It was a perfect day for it. Just enough sun, blue skies. The paths are covered in leaves which made walking rather slippery but we carefully made our way in. Shane went ahead to Tim's spot with his bow to do a little afternoon hunting. Jeff took me to the new (for me) spot nearer the road and just a hoot and a holler from him. He fixed me a nice easy chair with back rest and footrest so I can move around a bit. There are lots of deer rubs below my site and his so there is hope. We cleared the lanes of shrubs and branches. Now the deer have about a week and a half to get used to the changes.

Then I came home, stopping at Walgreens for a prescription for Dick.

Now it is almost 7:30 and I wish it was 9 and I could go to bed.

Tomorrow, home all day. Bobbie is coming. There is lots of wine to tend to.

God Love you All

Mary

No comments: