Thursday, November 19, 2009

We had an appointment at Dr. Marino's office at 10:45AM. So, we left here at about 10:15AM, shortly after Joan, the cleaning lady finished. When we got there, Dr. Marino was running late. Guess what, he was a new daddy a couple of days ago and ended up getting overbooked today. We weren't on any schedule so it didn't bother us too much.

I congratulated him and asked him what the new boy's name is. He said it is still pending. Apparently, they can't agree. He said they are running it by the other kids too.

Anyway, he ordered a blood test to determine if there is any infection in that leg. We are now using a petrolatum dressing called Xeroform on the sores. If there is an infection he will order an antibiotic. We did not hear this afternoon so I suppose it will be tomorrow morning.

After we left there, we stopped at Nino's for lunch. We both had steak. Nino still makes a super steak. Linda, the owner, still remembers me from Optimist days.

When we got home, I made the peanut butter buckeyes (they still need to be dipped but they are mixed and rolled.) and the cranberry relish. That can be made WAY ahead of time and keeps well.

Tomorrow, Bobbie and I are going to the Kohler Christmas Market at the American Club. I have an appointment with Dr. Fehrman about my knee too. I am afraid that my knee is as good as it will ever be and I must just learn to suck it up. Just like Dr. Ganju told me to do with the pain in my side. Frankly, I sometimes wonder why I bother going to doctors. I can probably get pretty good at telling myself to just put up with it.

Oh well, you don't want to hear my problems.

Bret called tonight. I had not talked to him for quite some time. He is really busy, working sometimes two extra days in the week just to stay even. However, He and his friends are going out to the River for Thanksgiving. They will have their celebration of Friday or Saturday. He is in charge of the pies.

We started talking about dogs, Chelsea first. Then got onto Zero. He was one special dog. Bret remembered how funny he was. There were times that Bret would start eating something sitting on the sofa. Zero would jump up next to him and wait. If it took too much time Zero would fall asleep sitting and slumped on the sofa. He was a weird little guy.

Guess that is all for now. Take care and have a nice Friday.

God love you

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.