Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Today was a day that I was busy ALL day. First, I had to be at Motorville in Sheboygan to have the Passat serviced. It has to be done at either about a year or 10,000 miles. Well, it has been almost a year but I am nowhere near the 10,000 miles.

Actually I called the dealership when I got a reminder from the company to schedule a 10,000 checkup a couple of months ago. I got a big chuckle when I told the receptionist that I only had a little over 4000 miles on the car and she said, "Well, you just get out there and drive, Girl."

So today, I took it in. It took MUCH longer than I would have thought, almost an hour and a half so it must be in perfect shape now. They did wash it for me too. I had brought my copy of Mary Pat Kelly's Galway Bay to read while I was waiting so I was not bored.

I went directly from there to the Holiday In Express for an informational meeting about AARP Medicare Complete from Secure horizons. I learned enough to make my decision about next year's supplemental insurance for both Dick and me.

Then I came home and fixed lunch for Dick and myself before heading over to the bank to cash a check for Mother and then to the gas station to fill up the tank and finally to the Pig to do my grocery shopping. The new expanded liquor department is open. When I went in to check it out, noone was there except the clerk and noone came in until I started checking out all of my groceries. Usually, I do the shopping in two stages if I am getting wine. I do the grocery shopping, load it into the car and then go back in to the liquor department for the wine.

Anyway, that was my exciting day. I got home between 2:30 and 3PM, put the groceries away and then took Chelsea for a little bit of a walk. I did that so she would not be bugging me every 20 minutes to be taken outside.

That was the end of my real work. I have spent time on paperwork for the insurance, CWI and writing. But it is nice to be just sitting at my desk to do that.

The other day I was remembering planting roses in our yard in Santa Ana Heights, CA. Bret was about 4 years old. We had a pet rabbit in a cage in the back yard. I don't know why, we always seemed to end up with animals that noone else wanted. Her name was Thumper and I believe she was a refugee from a day care center. Anyway, she produced wonderful manure. Especially for rosebushes as long as you did not get it too heavy around the roots which could burn them.

Bret liked the pictures of the roses on the packages and asked if one could be his. Of course, I said yes and we started planting. I dug a deep hole, then went and got a shovel full of the rabbit doo doo and put it in the hole. Bret looked at me like I was nuts. I filled in dirt and then planted the rose. He said. I don't want that one. I'll take the next one. As it ended up, he didn't want any. Rabbit poop roses were not his cup of tea.

Have a nice Thursday

God love you

Mary

No comments: