Monday, November 16, 2009

A full Full day today.

Since I have had to add dressing the wounds on Dick's legs to the morning routine, it is even more crowded than before. BUT I got out of her to head for Bible Study at exactly 9AM which was necessary because I had to stop at Walgreen's for a prescription for Mother.

There were nine of us there. Only two of our regular's missing. They are both experiencing health problems. Please say a prayer for Helen and Ione if you get a chance. They would really appreciate it. We finished Mark, chapter 5 and started chapter 6 today. We covered two events. First, Jesus going home to His own town and finding all of His neighbors saying, who does he think he is. He is just the carpenter. The second section we read was the first sending of missionaries. Jesus sent His disciples out to preach.

Mom's was next. I took her some of the food that I had cooked over the weekend. I also took along the folders that I have with genealogical information on the Uelmens, the Bowsers and the Cliffords. Aunt Kathleen was wanting the information on the Uelmens and I had extra copies. As I told Mom, my big push now is to find out where Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Deeley came from and where exactly Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Clifford came from in Ireland. Mary Pat Kelly said that she will help me. She said that if she found the right Michael Kelly, I ought to be able to find a David Deeley and a Jeramiah Clifford. One would think. Anyway she is sending me a web site that I can do an inquiry on. Then they will tell me what they will charge to find it for me. I am encouraged. I did call my cousin Doug to ask for some information he has or at least says he has. I will forward that along with what I know for sure. What I know for sure is what I got from Grandpa Deeley's biography. Short but quite full of information.

Anyway, she and I solved a lot of problems, as we always do.

We were talking about how people can surprise you and that one should not judge another. She mentioned a story that she had told me before that is really sweet. When Mom and Dad had plumbing put in the house, they had to put in a septic tank and system as there was no sewer on that street which was outside of the city of Sheboygan Falls. At. that time, Route 2 was all the address you needed to get a letter to us.

Anyway, Dad hired a buy to dig the pit for the septic tank. He was a rough and ready guy who did odd jobs and hard work like this for a living. As part of his wage, Mom fed him lunch every day. My brother Tim was just a little baby then. One day at lunch, this man asked Mother if it would be all right if he held Tim. So Mom handed her baby over to this man who gently held that little baby while he ate his lunch.

That reminded me of a friend of mine, Crazy Karl Kendall. Karl was a carpenter and just a guy's guy. But when I brought Bart home from the hospital and I was exhausted, Karl was willing to take that little guy and change his diaper for me if he was around. I understand that Karl is very ill too so a prayer for him, my friend, would also be appreciated.

I got home in time to fix lunch and get to the Cream City Writers. There were just five writers and Don's wife at the meeting today. Next month we will have our Christmas gathering. We decided to meet at Antoinette's, write something for the holiday and exchange a gift that costs no less than $5 an no more than $10. I said that I would make the reservations at Antoinette's.

I stopped at Kate's on my way home and left her the Share order for next month. She said she will pick up the order on Saturday as I will be out deer hunting and be unable to do so. She said she will bring it over here and put things in the downstairs freezer for me. And , I asked her to walk Miss Chelsea for me as it will be about 9:30AM or so and Chelsea will be ready. What would one do without friends. Her Riley cat is looking absolutely wonderful. He was hit by a car and almost lost his leg this past spring and summer but you would not guess it now. He is absolutely gorgeous and healthy as a horse.

Then I went to Plymouth Furniture and Bedding to look for a new mattress and spring set. Our air bed is not holding air and we have replaced parts once already and I had to sew the mattress together anyway. I ordered a nice Sealy with memory foam. It felt good when I lay down on it. I couldn't get Dick to go over to try SO I got to have the final say. I presented the options to him and he told me to get the one that felt best to me, so I went back and ordered it. Since we ordered before tomorrow and it was over a certain amount we got free delivery and the old one hauled off AND the store paid our sales tax. So I figure we did pretty good. We will have it delivered the morning after Thanksgiving.

Richard sent some more pictures. I was especially pleased to see a couple of pictures of Dick when he was a baby and a little boy. Wow. There were a couple of pictures of his parents that he did not recall seeing too. It touched him.

I have been home the rest of the day, what is left of it and am very tired. So I am going to finish my cup of Happy Tummy Tea and go to bed.

God love you

Mary

No comments: