Friday, November 20, 2009

This was a very disjointed day. The morning started off OK.

I got the buckeyes all dipped in the chocolate. Always good to get that done. We all know how important buckeyes are to the holidays.

Then I went to the Plymouth Clinic for my appointment with Dr. Fehrman, the surgeon who operated on my knee. I told him all the problems. I was able to tell him that the pain does not get worse when I am walking, which was the main reason I went ahead with the surgery. I could not walk the pain off. But the knee is still so sore, especially when I get up from sleeping or sitting. He said that it could still settle down, that he riled up some arthritis when he was in there, repairing, and also arthritis is progressive. So It my not have finished healing yet. I have to keep exercising, but be careful not to overdo, use pain meds (Tylenol etc, when needed) and hang in there.

I left there for Kohler. Met Bobbie at Woodlake and we took the shuttle over to the American Club where we had a lovely lunch at the Horse and Plow and then walked over to the American Club for the Annual Christmas Market. It was fun. We did not buy much but saw a lot of really neat things and enjoyed the day.

Then I spent an hour or so running back and forth between the Walgreens in Plymouth and Glander Drug Store. I went to Walgreens to pick up the medicine that Dr. Moreno wanted me to put on Dick's open wounds. They did not have it in stock but DID have a prescription for an antibiotic that Dr. Moreno had called in because the blood test showed a slight infection. The pharmacist checked around and found out that the closest pharmacy where I could get the wound medicine was Glander in Sheboygan. So off I went.

I was just pulling into the parking lot when Dick called. Dorothy from Dr. Moreno's office had called. With the antibiotic, he is not to use the medicine that I drove to Sheboygan for but, instead, a ointment that she had called into Walgreens in Plymouth. So I turned around and tooled back to Plymouth, picked up the prescription and came home.

I am exhausted. Tomorrow is opening day of deer hunting. I am basically all ready and intend to be in bed by 8:30 as I have to get up by 4:45AM to get out into the woods by 5:35AM. I just have to get dressed, feed critters and walk Chelsea.

Dick and Kate are both going to be available to walk Chelsea during the morning. I am staying out until noon. I think that will be long enough as I am really worn down these days. Cross your fingers that I finally get my deer. I have put in my time.

Til tomorrow then with, I hope an exciting announcement.

God Love You

Mary

No comments: