Saturday, November 07, 2009

Strange day. I had a pretty good night, actually but was so tired that I napped for over an hour this morning. Roxie was in her chair in the old office and did not even know that I was sleeping so I was alone. After I woke up I drove to the Pick and Save. They had a deal I could not refuse. If you buy a Cook's ham you get a free turkey, sausages and eggs. We have so much food in this house, but I would be buying a turkey in the next week or so anyway and we haven't had ham for quite some time. So now I have a 10 pound ham and a to pound turkey. Perhaps I should start a soup kitchen.

When I got back, we got Dick all changed and re bandaged before eating lunch. I surprised him with chili. He was sleeping off an on all day Wednesday when I made it and did not know that it was here. I do like to surprise him.

This afternoon, I went to St. John the Baptist for their annual craft fair. It is a really big fair taking up much of the school and the hall. They have everything from raffles to silent auctions to really quality vendors and lots of good food, including a bake sale. Do you know that when people bring things for the bake sale they have to give the ingredients now to be sure that people with allergies done get sick and sue?

I had a good time. I just bought a few raffle tickets and looked around. Then I waited through the drawing. I won a crocheted tote that is quite nice. Got my money back anyway. Kate was in charge of the raffle baskets again. So I got to visit with her a bit too. We are going to an Irish Genealogy class at the Historical Research Center on Monday and will have lunch on the way. This must be a special class because the Research Center is usually closed on Mondays.

I was talking to a lady about not putting off doing the things that we want to do in this life. She mentioned that she had gone parasailing and swimming with dolphins. So I shared that I had also gone para sailing and what a memory that is. Then I remembered an experience with dolphins that is precious to me.

Went to Marineland in Long Beach when Bret was just a little boy, maybe three. I believe it was the time Uncle Jim took Jeff and Kathy and me and Bret there for the day. At that time, you could purchase fish and actually hold them over the tank and feed the dolphins. Little Bret held his fish over the tank and this huge dolphin surged up out of the water. All I could see was a big gray head and rows of sharp teeth. He engulfed Bret's whole arm in his mouth. There was nothing I could do but gasp and stand there. Then that beautiful animal dropped back into the water and gently plucked that fish right out of the tips of those tiny little fingers. Bret was in awe. He said, "He kissed my fingers."

I went to the 4PM mass too. Now tomorrow I can stay home and hopefully take two naps. I want to work on dressing my Crone doll and cutting out fabric for a quilt I am working on.


Now I am ready to go to bed as soon as I can. Had a bit of a rough day but I will put my hope in tomorrow.

Did I tell you that I was unable to get pictures in Chicago because my camera has a problem. The battery cover is broken. I can only keep it on with very careful jiggling. Well, when I moved it from my purse to the suitcase, the battery cover and the batteries fell out in the car and I did not see it. So I got to Chicago with a gutless camera. I am hoping for some pictures from my friends. A couple people did take some.

Toni, took pictures of all of us Celtic Women plus Nancy at Rhine the other night. We have 5 of our members who shoot the pistol league.

Pretty impressive

Later


Mary

No comments: