Friday, November 06, 2009

I had a really bad night last night. The medicine that the doctor gave me is not helping my stomach at all. So I called him back today and he has prescribed another med to hopefully settle things down. I could not get to sleep for over three hours last night because of the discomfort. Tonight is not looking too good either, but I will take the pills soon. The new one is supposed to make me sleepy. Pray God that it does.

I took two naps today so at least I was able to function. We got Dick up on his feet today. He walked for three minutes - the first time in a couple of months.

Tonight, Nancy picked me up at 5:15 or so and we went to Rhine for the shooting league bust up party. Good food, sloppy Joes, salads and desserts. I ate lightly and it all tasted good, now we will see if all goes well when I go to bed.

Today for some reason, I thought of Gypsies. Did your folks ever tell you to watch out or you could get stolen by the Gypsies? Well the gypsies actually used to come through Sheboygan Falls at least every other year or so. They came in a caravan, at some time with animals though perhaps later in vehicles. I remember their brightly colored clothing and I remember that they used to camp down in "the Flats". The Flats is an area down below and beside the Falls in Sheboygan Falls. Now it is mostly industrial. Then it was open. Dad even rented a plot of land to farm on one year. When I was in high school, it was a spot young people went to neck.

The last year I remember the Gypsies, I was working at the bank. The merchants down town were not too happy when they came. They did buy things but were known to steal also. If they ever came after that, I had moved to California and would not have known. Wonder what ever happened to them.

Love

Mary

No comments: