Friday, November 27, 2009

Sorry I did not post last night. By the time I got done with the day. After cooking off and all all day and eating and visiting with Bobbie and Bill and Brenda and Richard all evening, I suddenly was So tired that I just crawled in bed and went to sleep.

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. Would that we ALL could not have been together. But Jim and Michelle, and Michelle's brother, Jim, joined Bart in Lawton for Thanksgiving and they said that Bart did himself proud with the dinner he put on. Michelle brought a cheesecake for their dessert so they ate like royalty. As did we. We had turkey, potatoes, veggie nut loaf, squash, Brussels Sprouts, cranberry relishes and pumpkin pie made from a pie pumpkin.

I hope that those we did not hear from did as well. I know that Bret is celebrating tomorrow at the river with a pot luck with all of his friends. He is designated pies which he can buy and cook in his mobile home.

Today was a double busy day. It is the annual deer butchering day and we had four deer to butcher today. I got there at about 9:30AM and took some pictures. They guys had two of the deer already skinned. So. Down into the basement we went to get started with be cutting up. We finished at about 4PM. Not to bad for four deer, and they were not small ones. Bobbie always comes to help. They give me a smaller portion (I have not gotten a deer myself so do not get a full portion.) I share it with Bobbie as we help butcher. They are glad to share as we do a lot of work. It is enough for us anyway. I also have a really nice neck roast that I will cook for the Wild Game Dinner in February.

So. it is almost 6:30PM now. Dick and I have eaten. I am ready to dress his wounds and then be done for the evening . I want to hit the bed at 9PM EXACTLY and sleep.

Tomorrow our new bed will be delivered and I have to do some unhooking and stuff before they come.

Michelle and Jim called last evening and we were all able to talk to them. All is Ok except that they had a close call with their dog, who they think got into some chocolate. Jim is in training for his new job with AFLAC. Now it all starts. The first few months and into the first year are the hardest in sales, then it becomes a matter of patience. Good luck, Jim, we are rooting for you.

Bill and Richard brought up our Christmas tree from the basement and Brenda, Bobbie and Richard got it all fluffed up and made sure the lights are working, so all I have to do is decorate it. It looks pretty just like it is, but just you wait. Tomorrow I will put the lights on the front porch and the wreaths on the garage. Then my outdoor decorating will be done.

Hope all is well with you and that your Thanksgiving was as good as ours.

God love you

Mary

No comments: