Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I feel like I am on a treadmill.

This morning was grocery shopping. I forgot two things and had to pick them up in the afternoon, but was home by 10AM and spent the morning preparing the mashed potatoes for tomorrow. We had a can of Dinty Moore beef stew for our lunch, then I napped. I was at the Amputee Support group meeting at 2PM. We had a really nice meeting. A contingency from Ballhorn came to present information on pre-planning for one's funeral. It was very interesting. Then we had our Christmas party. We exchanged gifts and snacked. Rocky Knoll always provide us with a snack and coffee and ice water. This time it was cookies. I brought Buckeyes as I had told everybody that it was not Christmas without them. I ended up having to send the recipe to Janice Lemkuil to share with the group. They agreed that they are wonderful. Somebody asked why they are called Buckeyes. It is because when they are dipped a portion is uncovered and this constitutes the Buckeye.

I got home, after stopping to pick up the two things I forgot and a prescription at about 3:30PM. My house was all vacuumed and scrubbed. Is that ever nice.

Then I cleaned the Brussels sprouts and the butternut squash for tomorrow.

So tomorrow is thanksgiving and I am ready as I can be. We will not be eating until 5 or 6PM as Richard and Brenda are arriving at sometime between 4 and 5. So I have all day to finish everything else. It will be so good to have everyone that is in Wisconsin here. I wish we would win the lottery and I could get EVERYONE here. I miss those that are gone and really appreciate those that are here.

That care and have the happiest Thanksgiving.

God Love You

Mary

No comments: