Sunday, November 22, 2009

A busy quiet day at home. Except for going to Mass at 9:30AM, I did not have to leave the neighborhood.

It was quite a day. Not the most pleasant of days. Mass was very nice. Fr. Van Beeck gave a nice sermon and I saw several friends after the service. I had changed Dick's bandages before Mass so the rest of the day should have been pretty quiet, Right?

I made a batch of cookies for the Plymouth History Museum Cookie sale and prepared a really good Ham and Potato Casserole for our lunch.

Then, as we were finishing dinner,suddenly, without a here do well, or whatever that expression is, Chelsea just started wetting on the carpet. Needless to say, I dragged her outside to finish, telling her what a bad girl she is, despite the fact that she cannot hear a thing. We are baffled. She had not asked to go outside at all. Perhaps she had too much water, or is getting senile. We will be watching her like a hawk from now on.

Then I got a call from Jacquie, my ex sister in law. My ex brother in law, George, passed away yesterday morning in his sleep. He had been on home hospice for just two days when he passed. So sad, my nephew, Todd, is devastated. It is a hard thing to lose a Dad. I know. Please pray for that family. George is to be cremated and his ashes scattered. There will be a military ceremony a the scattering. Details are to follow. I called Bret and Bart today to tell them, to save dear Jacquie some calls. Please pray for George and his family. This is such a hard time.

I got to talk to both of my boys today but not with good news. Bart is looking forward to Barbara returning home on December 11th for good. He is glad to be home but it is not good for him to be so far from her.

Bret figured that something must have happened when I called because he had called just the other day.

The Packers won today and I am not doing too badly in the Fantasy Football league. I did take a nap this afternoon but am still very tired tonight probably partly because of yesterday's hunt.

Tomorrow will also be a busy day. So I will sign off now. Take care and have a great week.

God Love you

Mary

No comments: