Monday, November 23, 2009

Bible Study this morning. There was a good group there. Our Ione was back after being too ill to come for a few weeks so we welcomed her. One of our other members, Helen, will be having a mastectomy on December 7th. We well be lifting her up in prayer, especially that day when we will be meeting for our study. I ask you to pray also. If the cancer has not spread beyond the tumor, she may not even need chemo.

Then I went to Mom's for a visit. She is doing well and I have a couple of little things to do for her tomorrow. On the way home, I stopped at Walgreens for a prescription for Dick.

We had lunch and I called Barbara in Germany. I had talked to Bart on Sunday to tell him about his Uncle George Hiner passing but wanted to be sure that Barbara knew also. She will be home in less than three weeks. Not soon enough for Bart but that is what is not really long at all after what they have gone through. I think being with her those three weeks made him realize how much he does miss her. Pray for them too.

After lunch, I took Dick to Sheboygan Memorial for a visual swallowing test. We are trying to determine why he chokes. This did not show anything from what the technician said, but we will wait for the word from the doctor. On the way home, we stopped at Plymouth Aurora for Dick's blood check. All is just fine. We had to check because he is on antibiotics and that can thin things. He needs to be checked again in two weeks.

Home again, I started putting things away and just organizing. In two more days it will be Thanksgiving and there is a lot to do. There will be just six of us for dinner this year. Dick and me, Bobbie and Bill and Richard and Brenda. I am so looking forward to it.

Jim and Michelle will be spending Thanksgiving with Bart and Adam and his family.

Tonight was the CWI Board telephone conference. We had our majority so were able to proceed with all the business. We will be having our annual meeting after the Sheboygan Branch's Christmas Tea. It Annual Meeting will be either here at my house or at the Plymouth Inn down the street from the History Museum where the Tea will be held. So I have a busy next couple of weekends.

Now the day is coming to a close and I, as usual, am ready to come to a close also. Tomorrow will be cleaning and a bit of food prep.

Take care and God Love You All

Mary

No comments: