Saturday, November 28, 2009

It was an eventful day.

Our new bed arrived early. At about 9AM. The two men who brought it were very efficient. They were in and out of her in less than 1/2 hour. They took out the whole old mattress, box frame and the pump system and got our new bed and box spring on just like that. I hurried like heck to vacuum under the bed so as not to hold them up. I am SO looking forward to crawling in tonight. Dick got to try it already. He took a nap this afternoon and said it was just fine. The only trouble he might have is trying to get his prosthesis on as the bed is somewhat higher than the old one. We are going to find something for a little boost for the leg if it presents a problem.

I put the outside decorations up this afternoon. Boy do I have a problem. I can't get the outlet on the porch to work. The timer works just fine. The lights are working OK. But the outlet will not work. I checked all the switches, the breaker and just don't know what else to check. If anybody has any suggestions, let me know. The lights are there but out. I put the Santa Hat on my wood totem and I have my candles in the window. One for every week in Advent. We have the Advent Calendar up and the candy and candy canes are on it. I checked out the wreathes and got them hung too. So except for the tree and other indoor decorations I got a lot done.

I called Jacquie and Bart today also. Jacquie and the family are doing OK. She and Margaret were looking through pictures for a DVD for the memorial which is not scheduled yet. As there is no funeral and George was cremated, there is not rush for final plans.

Bart is OK but will be so glad when Barbara is home. She will be back on December 11. One more weekend of trips to see family in Germany, then home. Not a bit too soon for Bart.

I went to Mass at 4PM so tomorrow I get to stay home all day. I am so very glad that I will have that day as the rest of the week is stacking up to be pretty busy.

Take care and enjoy your Sunday too.

God love you

Mary

No comments: