Monday, October 05, 2009

It was a 3:30AM potty call from Chelsea last night. However, I went back to sleep for three hours so that helped. I actually feel pretty rested after the quiet weekend. Hope it lasts.

Chelsea and I took a nice long walk today. I need to put the pedometer on when we do it again. We walked ALL the roads in Tallgrass and also went through the park, west on Valley, south on Highland and back into the tract. She was a happy girl and we visited with a resident on June Grass who gave her a doggy treat.

I went to bible study in Falls. It was good. There were only 6 of us but we were enthusiastic in our discussion of the Sower and the Seed. Questions about how God sends down his grace in the most difficult places and is answered but in some places that should be fertile, people don't answer his call.

Then I went over to Mom's. She looks great and we had our usual good visit. I have a couple of banking chores to do for her but there is no hurry. Uncle Pat and Aunt Joan were by for a visit this weekend. They came into town for a wedding and stopped to see her between the ceremony and the reception.

Home again, we had the leftover sausage and veggie slow cooker meal again. It still tastes good and we have at last one more meal of veggies left.

I pulled my tomato plants today. I harvested all of the green tomatoes and took them downstairs and put them on the window sill. It is cool down there but light and everybody tells me that they will ripen. They certainly will not ripen on the vine outside as it is simply chilly and cloudy every day.

I did some more quilt planning. I have decided what I am doing for my next quilt top using some panels that I purchased as a remnant in Texas. I even went downstairs and cut some of the pieces before dinner. Tomorrow I will do some more, after it is all cut, I will be able to just sew when I get time. I also want to make another stump doll. I have a cat that I want to build a doll around. It is fun to build one when I find something for a core. While I was down, I stirred my Marigold wine. It is fermenting quite merrily.

Tonight was the Rhine Plymouth Meeting. We, of course, did not have a really big turnout because of the Packer Game but we accomplished a lot, mainly the beginning of nominations for next years slate of officers and board. Fortunately we have next month to complete the slate and the election is in December. The meeting was over in about 45 minutes as everybody wanted to watch the Packer game. I had to listen to the first series on the car radio. EEWWWW. Rogers fumbled the ball on a sack after they had worked their way down to the 27 of Minnesota. I got home in time to watch Minnesota score but we answered with a really great long run for a touchdown of our own. I DID pick the Packers for this game because my criteria put it kind of in the middle and I always give the doubt to the Packers. No way I can win this week anyway but I need to keep my points up there and try to stay in the upper 50 % of the league.

Tomorrow will be a busy morning with a blood test for Dick followed by an eye exam.

I will be going to bed soon and probably have some trouble sleeping with the game going on. Just now, Coleman Jenkens, stripped the ball out of a Vikings hands and ran it back for a touchdown. Wow. the Viking fans look sad and am I ever glad. The Minnesota fans are mean. We went to a game there on a bus tour and I was actually afraid in their stadium and as we were leaving and we even lost the game. I knew it was not a good place to be during the opening ceremonies. The announcer called for a moment of silence and during that moment a voice yelled out "Packers Suck." Not a good sign when they don't even have respect for their own moments of silence.

Anyway. Time to wrap this up and head for bed.

Later

Mary

No comments: