Friday, October 09, 2009

Chelsea was a real problem last night. She woke me up the first time at about 12:30AM. That was too early to shut the door on her so I didn't. She was back in less than half an hour. Dick was up so I did shut the door then and he opened it when he came to bed. Then she got me up again at 4AM. I took her out again at 6 and I swear every 2 to 4 hours all day. She must have felt some need of something. She did have quite a seizure this morning, maybe her whole system was goofed up because of that. She seems much quieter tonight.

There is a freeze coming tonight and for the next two nights, so I decided this was the day to bring in my plants. I know there will be warm days and maybe covering would have been sufficient, but I don't want to be messing around when it is really really cold and perhaps lose plants. So, I brought all the herbs that I want to save into the garage to the shelves that I set up much as I did last year. Most of them lived so I figure that I can accomplish the same this winter and have some fresh herbs through the dark season.

I had lunch at the Dairy Queen this noon with my bank friends. It was good to visit with them and catch up a bit. I got rid of some yard waste, dropped off my dry cleaning, went to the bank and stopped at Capelle's to pick up some gourds and a pumpkin. They also had fresh Brussel sprouts that will stay fresh on the stalk for quite a while, so I bought 2.

My reading glasses and Dick's new glasses were both ready so after he woke up from his nap, we drove over to Advanced Eye Care to get them. So far mine are working just fine.

We had pizza soup for supper, then I went out to Rhine to shoot league. I visited with lots of friends and did not shoot too badly so it was a pleasant hour or two.

I remember when my Bart was born. I wanted so much to see him being born. And I did. It was very exciting in the delivery room. I remember at one point as I was bearing down, a nurse who was also trying to watch blocked my view. I had to stop and ask her to move. We all laughed. Then he came. First his sweet head and then his shoulders and then he just slipped out. He lay still and kind of gray for just a second, then they suctioned out his little mouth and he let out a nice yell. That was one of the high points of my life. I don't think the boys know how much they mean to me. So much went on in our lives that I wish I could have protected them from. I need to stop beating myself up for the past. One does the best one can.

There is and old Irish saying that goes. "What's done is done, what's won is won, and what's done is past and gone forever."

Be happy and start getting ready for Samhain, the dark season - Winter.

Love

Mary

No comments: