Friday, September 11, 2009

What a day. I had to add changing the dressing on Dick's foot wound to the mix. It was more time consuming this morning and will be every other day because we have to change the stocking too. It is not seeping too much and looks OK, I guess. This evening, I just had to clean and dress it. I also cleaned the kitchen floor and counters and my bathroom.

But, we had a date this noon. Dick promised me that he would take me out for a meal once a week and he came through this noon. We went to the Parkview in Sheboygan Falls. We used to go there for breakfast quite often. Lunch Sometimes. So it seemed like a good place to start. It was easy to get in to and we had a good lunch. The main thing is that I got him out of the house for something other than a doctor's appointment.

When we got home, I napped. Roxie really liked that a lot. She figures that I never sleep long enough though.

This evening I picked up Nancy and we drove out to Rhine for the opening of pistol league. I brought my 12 gauge along too. My friend, Norb, who is a gunsmith said that he probably can do things to it to make it less hard on me. So he looked it over and took it with him to try to fix the spring and put a different recoil pad on. He has some other ideas too. He is a gunsmith so I am glad that I talked to him. He took it with him and will let me know what he can to. It is good to have him back in the league again. Bobbie and I always enjoyed Norb and Rocky being there.

Anyway, I shot three targets. They were pitiful compared to my practice targets of last Thursday but they were not impossible. I will keep working at it. Norb is looking for a florescent site for my pistol which would be helpful for siting on the target.

Tomorrow I am going to make a some fruit desserts and salads for us to snack on for the next couple of days. With leftovers and the Celtic Fair, I won't have to do any serious cooking. I am thinking strawberry, pineapple, banana jello with sour cream topping. Num Num.

Have a nice Saturday, the weekend here is supposed to be beautiful.

Love

Mary

So a full day. Tomorrow should be fairly quiet. I won't be going to church because I will be going to Celtic Mass. I am excited to have my words sung for all those people. It should be a very nice ceremony and the weather is supposed to cooperate for the Faire following the event. Mother is really looking forward to it too and Jeff and Kathy and maybe Shane, Georgi and Sara will be there too. I will buy raffle tickets and Take a Chance Booth Tickets and eat good food. I will try to bring something home for Dick.

I have made the arrangements to have the house cleaned. I am using the same company as Mother does and eventually will have the same cleaning lady. They are starting next Thursday. I am so relieved. Things are just getting away from me.

No comments: