Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Today was shopping day. By the time I got everybody fed, medicined, walked and cleaned it was after 8:30AM. So I went to the bank and then to Piggly Wiggly for the shopping.

I spent the rest of the day working on small projects and reading. I am trying to get some reading in every day to get back into the habit and the pleasure of it.

Bonnie from Bonnie's Housekeeping came by at about 12:30 to give us an estimate of her costs. Her service is the one that cleans for Mother so I feel pretty confidant. They are less expensive than Merry Maids. They do use my equipment and cleaning products. Merry Maids uses their own. With the experience Mom has had I think I will feel comfortable going to Bonnie's. She will call me at the end of the week to tell me what she has available and we will go from there. They have a minimum of 2 hours which should work quite well for what I want done. I can probably even have them do extra stuff in the extra time. That will be a relief. I just have trouble keeping up and frankly, my knee hurts when I vacuum.

I did some more reading this afternoon and watered the plants in the front of the condo. The new grass planted beside the road is doing so well and we have not had rain for several days to I felt that I wanted to give it a drink so it will stay healthy.

Dick's blister is still draining so I called Dr. Moreno today and we will see him tomorrow at 3PM. Tomorrow will be very busy though everything is nicely spread out.

Mom had her eye doctor appointment at 9:30AM, then Bobbie will be over for lunch and to work on wine. We have peach, rhubarb, white Zin and lemon balm to be working with. We can easily put off the white Zin if we need to as Dick had to be at the doctor at 3. Actually that is more than enough time to get the racking done.

Tomorrow evening is the last practice of the Blessed Trinity choir before the Celtic Faire on Sunday so I will be going to Sheboygan Falls at 7PM for that.

Now I am going to watch the president speak. Then it will be close to bedtime and I can listen to the opinions of his speech tomorrow.

Have a nice evening. This is such beautiful weather, it is hard to think that winter will rear its lovely head soon.

Something very special happened today. When I took Chelsea out on one of her walks today, imagine my delight and surprise to find, perched jauntily, like a lovely green hat, on the stump carving that I have on my front stoop, a BEAUTIFUL rosemary plant. I do not know for sure who left it but I have my suspicions. Bob Fleming and talked at length about herbs and he said he had several on his deck. Perhaps he wanted to give me that moment of pleasure. It would be so like him. Such a good friend. Now I must work very hard to keep it alive until next year.

Love and enjoy your evening.

Mary

No comments: