Tuesday, September 08, 2009

This was a very busy day. Chelsea and I had a lovely walk this morning. It was cool again and very clear.

This morning, Dick followed through on his promise to spend some time outside the house. We drove over to Kmart and spend about an hour just looking around the store. Of course, we bought a few things that we needed. It is always good to have a purpose or the shopping isn't any fun. He did well. We spent almost an hour in the store and found a heating pad, a coffee pot and a couple of other things we needed. We got home in time to have a light lunch before Nancy picked me up to go shooting pistol.

That was fun. I had three good targets. All 30 on the paper and 28 in scoring position with several in the black. Nancy is having trouble with her pistol not chambering the bullet. We lucked out, though. When we got upstairs, Jerry and Nancy Coenen and Pat Becher and her husband were pulling in to practice too. So Jerry is looking at and going to check out her gun to see why it is jamming. It looks like it is catching on the magazine, but we, Nancy and me, don't have any idea what to do to correct that.

Then I napped.

I fixed Dirty Rice with Italian Sausage for our dinner. The critters started bugging me while I was messing around in the kitchen. Then I noticed a little bit of catnip left in the jar that Bobbie had brought several months ago. It was tucked behind some other stuff on the counter and I had forgotten about it so I gave it to Roxie. Was she ever funny. She started eating it and ended up lying on her side with her head just barely able to get to the last of the catnip in bowl. A total experience. She was the happiest kitty I ever saw.

So a busy day. I am glad it is over now and am about ready to hit the bed. Mother used to say "Up the wooden hill to four corners." Of course we lived in a two story house so it was a bit more appropriate.

Love

Mary

No comments: